Monday, December 5, 2011

First App on the market!

So, I just released my first App on the Android Market called A Simple Checklist, or rather it was a few days ago, but I've had some stuff to do in the mean time, but anyway, if you haven't already you should definitely check it out.

You can find a link right here.




I have been aiming for a more simplistic design and user approach than what is already out there on the market, since I actually made the App in the first place because I thought most of the checklists already out there tries to be a lot of different things like task manager, todo list, notesblock or whatever, without really doing a good job on either. So I thought I might as well give it a try and see if I could make something I at least found more useful, and of course decided to share it with the rest of the world, in case there were other people sharing my view.

My idea here was to make a more simple App without a lot of different features going in every direction, like I've seen other Apps do. And to tell the whole story, it started out with me using some other checklist App, which tried to force me to put me through a lot of dialogs just to let me add a simple task to my list and ask me a bunch of questions about when I wanted to set the alarm for my task, when all I really wanted to do was to make a quick grocery list. And so I though why isn't there a checklist App which doesn't try to force the user into doing these things, and instead just make them optional and say "just do whatever you want, if you want that feature, you can add it on here later", as in start out simple and then add functionality when you actually need it, and when the user gets more experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment